Quote Of The Year

Timeless Quotes - Sadly The Late Paul Shetler - "Its not Your Health Record it's a Government Record Of Your Health Information"

or

H. L. Mencken - "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

Thursday, August 10, 2017

These Recommendations From The Office Of The Information Commissioner On The myHR Are Worth Publishing In Full.

These appeared a few days ago:

My Health Records

You can register for your own My Health Record. A My Health Record is an electronic summary of your health information. Healthcare providers can add information about your health to your My Health Record, in accordance with your access controls. This may include information such as medical history and treatments, diagnoses, medications and allergies.
You can control your own My Health Record, including by choosing to restrict which healthcare provider organisations can access it and what information is included.

Follow these tips to protect your My Health Record:

  • Read the terms and conditions carefully.
  • Be aware of the different access settings available to you.
  • Consider setting up advanced access controls and an ‘access code’.
  • Read the privacy notices and policies of your healthcare providers and the My Health Record System Operator.
  • Talk to your healthcare providers regularly about what information they will be adding to and accessing from your My Health Record. Ask how they will involve you in this process.
  • Know your privacy rights when it comes to having a nominated or authorised representative.
  • Check your My Health Record audit trail regularly for unexpected or unauthorised access to your record.
  • Check your My Health Record regularly to ensure that the documents it contains are kept accurate, up-to-date and complete.
  • Keep your My Health Record secure, including by protecting your password and only accessing your record from a secure device.
  • Exercise your privacy rights.
  • Remember you can choose to opt-out at any time.
Here is the link:
Good stuff, clear and easy to understand.
David.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What would be really useful David is that they communication such things via the myGov email accounts, that way those of use with ATO Accounts, Medicare, etc can be better targeted and communicated to. As great as this is I wonder how many people look at this site?